Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does semi-formal attire mean?
- Semi formal attire means a smart, sophisticated dress style for example, cocktails dresses, knee-length dresses.
The theme says “On Angel’s wings”…do we need to come with a wings costume?
- The room will have a lot of wings on display so no need to wear wings. A “wing photo prop” will also be available for you to take photos showing you with wings.
What’s on the menu?
- Adult dinner will consist of a 3-course meal (entrée, main and dessert).
- Beverages include soft drinks, juices, red/white wine and beer.
- Children’s menus will be one of the following dishes – fish and chips, burger and chips, nuggets and chips, roast chicken and vegetables
When do I need to complete my booking?
- Final numbers will be submitted to the Ryde-Eastwood Leagues club by Thursday, 14 September. Please ensure to book your ticket on or before this date.
An Act of Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary
Holy Mary, Mother of God and Virgin, I choose thee this day for my queen, patron, and advocate, and firmly resolve and purpose never to abandon thee, never to say or do anything against thee, nor to permit that aught be done by others to dishonour thee. Receive me, then, I conjure thee, as thy perpetual servant; assist me in all my actions, and do not abandon me at the hour of my death. Amen. — St. John Berchmans
Devotions to the Mother of God
- Regina Coeli (Queen of Heaven)
- The Rosary
- Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Litany of Loretto)
- The Brown Scapular — Fr. William G. Most
- The “Akathistos” Hymn
PRAYERS IN TIME OF PANDEMIC
Welcome to St Michael’s Church, Meadowbank
Welcome to those who like to know or be involved at St Michael’s Church, Meadowbank.
We hope that you will learn about us and that we will be able to learn from you and help grow our parish community.
The Parish is committed to the Christ-like care of all children, young persons and vulnerable people. By following in the example of Jesus Christ and his words to “Let the little children come!”, the Parish is doing all it can to build a community and a Church that safeguards the voice, freedom and life of children, young persons and vulnerable people. Please click on LINKS to view some of our essential policy documents.
The Parish is able to flourish and continue the work of Christ through the generosity, support and participation of our parishioners. If you would like to contribute in any way to the parish, please click here.
Parish Facebook Page
Please visit and follow the Parish Facebook Page. Please click here.
A MESSAGE FROM THE ARCHDIOCESE OF SYDNEY
Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you, or anyone yo know, have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and MInisterial Integrity Office at (02) 9390 5810 or click on the link https://www.sydneycatholic.org/safeguarding-and-child-protection/
You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest – Fr Emmanuel Seo who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.